Gothic Romance Forum, a Community for Gothic Romance Fiction and Literature Lovers

Full Version: A "Belmont Double Gothic"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had the good fortune, Saturday the 5th of July, to find a Belmont Double Gothic. Smile Didn't know such a thing existed! The stories run back-to-back, and each cover art takes half the space of the cover.

The 1st story is Hounds of Hell by Virginia Coffman [ironically it was one of her other titles I was searching for, which is how I came across this Double Gothic]; the 2nd story is Carnaby Curse by Daoma Winston. Both copyrighted 1967.

[Image: B60-059.jpg]

I'm hoping to discover other Double Gothics. Cool
The one you showed looks like an older Gothic. I've run across many double Gothics (I don't recall the publishers) but their covers look a little different.
Wow, very cool, what are the stories like? Any good?

Interesting having 2 in the same book-again, it suggests that it is hard to sustain the mood for a full length novel.

Are there any romantic elements in them?

I know there are a lot of second hand books on EBAY; maybe you would find more there too.
I just ordered this book! I must admit that I am an easy sucker for this "retro" style of book marketing. The whole "double-novel" concept tempts me, and I've managed to collect quite a few old "Ace doubles" in various genres over the years, among other publishers' versions of this concept. Definitely something you don't see nowadays in publishing, which makes these old pulps all the more charming.
Gurugoddess, yes - each story has a romantic element. I didn't care so much for "Hounds of Hell," but "Carnaby Curse" was one of the best Gothics I've yet sunk my teeth into. Wink I don't like LONG stories [Gothic is the only form of fiction I enjoy reading], and these stories average 90 pages; they're perfect for me [230 pages are my *limit* for the regular Gothics].

I've since obtained other Belmont Double Gothics, and 1 Signet Double Gothic; my blog shows those covers scanned. Smile

http://garnetnight.blogspot.com

Penfeather, I hope you enjoy it!