Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surprise endings
In the previous post AliceChell was talking about a book with a surprise ending. I have some titles that have surprise endings if anyone wants such a book. "Mrs. Barthelme's Madness" by Susan Claudia. "I Married a Dead Man" by Cornell Woolrich, "Breakheart Hill" by Thomas H. Cook, "The Chatham School Affair" by Thomas H. Cook, "Endless Night" by Agatha Christie and "The House on the Strand" by Daphne DuMaurier. Anyone out there have some other ideas for suprise ending books?
I would suppose that most gothic writers are trying to spring a surprise, but not all succeed, of course. The denouement of many gothics is predictable, although a worthy story may still result. But a really good twist can be most satisfying. By the way,Bronte, I read your book reviews on the Cornell Woolrich story and Mrs Barthelme's Madness and am intrigued. I would like to read them.Also, I encountered "Endless Night" a long while ago and have never forgotten it . Very surprising and creepy! And to answer the question in your post, Moura by Virginia Coffman is good and quite surprising.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Unpleasant surprise in a book Bellatrix 2 10,176 08-15-2008, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Penfeather